1.5 kilos of strawberries washed and hulled and then cut in half.
1.5 kilos of sugar
1/3 cup of lemon juice
4-5 teaspoons of Green Living Australia’s Pure Pectin
3 teaspoons of rose water or rose essence
1. Place the strawberries in the preserving pan and add the lemon juice
2. Simmer, stirring frequently until the strawberries are tender.
3. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Bring the mixture to the boil and boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
4. Add 4-5 teaspoons of Pure Pectin, return to the boil and boil rapidly for an additional 5 minuted. Remember that you will need more pectin if the fruit is ripper as the ripper the fruit, the lower the natural pectin in the fruit. As my fruit was a little over ripe, I used 5 teaspoons of Pure Pectin.
5. Add three teaspoons of rose essence and quickly stir through.
6. Remove from the heat.
7. Skim any foam that form off the top.
8. Ladle your jam into hot sterilized jars and cap with new lids.
9. Process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
10. Remove the jars from the bath using a jar lifter and allow to cool naturally on your kitchen counter.
11. Label and store in your pantry.
This jam has a lovely aroma and you can really taste the rose coming thought.